Within the unique invitational format of this year’s event, artists in the South Florida Community and beyond, create site-specific works and performances. Events special performances by National Water Dance, FEME Frost Electronic Music Ensemble, and Artist Don Lambert,an indoor and outdoor exhibit, a Curator’s and Artists’ Tour, a Literary Lounge, and interactive activities for all ages.
Schedule of Events on Saturday, April 16:
• 3:30 pm: Gates open, free and open to the public;
• 4:00 pm: National Water Dance Performance Begins
• 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm: Curator’s Tour with Kim Yantis, Cultural Arts Curator
• 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Literary Lounge featuring Literary Artists-in-Residence Nicole-Hospital Medina, C.M. Clark, Mia Leonin, Miambiance, and guests;
• 6:30 pm -7:15 pm: FEME Electronic Music Performance
• 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm: Artists’ Exhibit Tour with participating artists;
• 8:00 pm: Don Lambert Prerformance at the Fire Circle
Additionally, from 3:30 pm - 9:00 pm, a Courtyard Café will offer a select group of food and bar choices for a healthy, fresh picnic experience. Youth and families will also have the opportunity to explore and interact with art through the Bring Your Own Perspective (BYOP) Photography Competition and Artful Scavenger Hunt. Participation will feature the opportunity to win prizes such as a digital camera and a family membership to the Deering Estate.
The Intersections Exhibit will be on display daily, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., from April 4 – May 20, 2016, and is free with Estate admission.